The MediaMotorEurope (MME) programme will nurture high-potential European deeptech innovators, to solve today’s most prominent media industry challenges and support them in building the media solutions of tomorrow. Framed under the Startup Europe initiative (H2020), this programme is delivered by 7 partners – VRT, Media City Bergen, THERMI Business Incubator/ THERMI GROUP, Athens Technology Center, Cluster Sofia Knowledge City, Fast Track and F6S – and will support a minimum of 60 startups/scaleups during three support cycles throughout two years.
MediaMotorEurope aims to foster the development of creative and unique deeptech solutions targeting some of the biggest challenges and needs that the media sector faces, such as the fight against misinformation and fake news; improved accessibility and inclusion of media services for people with disabilities; more advanced human-machine interaction; better protection of personal data through new technologies; and transition towards a data-driven media 4.0 market.
The Call for the second support cycle is now open!
The 1st Call closed on July 17th and a total of 86 startups submitted their applications. After evaluation performed experienced experts on behalf of the project partners, the top and most promising 20 startups were accepted to the 1st mentoring programme and their scaleup journey started at 1st September.
Are you a startup/scaleup offering a product/service developed under advanced technologies, e.g. on AI, ML, Big Data, UX/UI, Cybersecurity, Cloud or others?
Do you have an idea on how your solution could serve the media sector or you want to explore how your product/service could fit media sector’s needs?
Then get prepared and apply at https://mediamotoreurope.eu/join-us-startups/!
What does MediaMotorEurope offer?
The intensive mentoring programme aims to bring deeptech innovators from an MVP to a growing company together with candidate clients in the media sector and potential investors.
Selected startups and scaleups get:
- Dedicated coaching to support upscaling the business and soft-landing to new markets
- Tailored support and guidance to the startups’ needs and challenges, improving skills in areas such as product-market fit, legal aspects, pitching readiness, fundraising, product development, strategic management, internationalisation, UX and Design, etc.
- Matchmaking with media & creative corporations and public procurement support
- Meetings and networking opportunities with investors
- Pitching and showcasing at major media events
- The chance to win tickets to relevant international conferences of high impact
- Vouchers to support travel costs
When does the MME mentoring programme run?
The MME mentoring programme lasts 6 months. The second support cycle will take place between January 2021 and June 2021. Selected candidates will be contacted until early December 2020 the latest.
Open Call 2 for startups and scaleups
Applications close on 30 October 2020 at 17:00 CEST (Brussels time)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871552.