THERMI VENTURES invests minimum € 750.000 and maximum € 4,8 million to small and medium-sized unlisted Greek innovative companies. The fund invests up to € 2,5 million per year per approved investment.
The Fund invests through:
- Acquisition of shares (common or preference, voting or non-voting).
- equity interests or convertible bonds or debentures of Greek SMEs.
- Greek-based, non-listed, SMEs with a clear vision towards maximizing profitability and exceptional growth through:
- Stable and predictable income stream
- Strong incremental positive cash-flows
- Strong fixed assets base
- Conditions under which such targets could be achieved are mainly through:
- The development and distribution of innovative products and/or services internationally
- The sales of such products and/or services in emerging or rapidly growing international markets
- Prerequisite for investment decisions will be the existence of a strong management team with executives who possess:
- Thorough understanding of the markets they operate in and who have proven their ability to grow and manage their company
- Holding of a significant equity stake in their company
The investments will be oriented towards:
- Well established, profitable companies with increasing turnover for funding their major expansion (Expansion stage)
- Recently established companies for funding their early expansion (Early expansion)
- Extremely promising startup companies (Early stage)
Industries of Interest
Investments to be considered will preferably belong to the following sectors:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Energy and Alternative Energy Resources
- Healthcare Systems and Medical Technology
- Food & Organic food products
- Real Estate
To achieve high capital gains for the investors, through:
- Selling of the portfolio Companies equity shares held by the Fund to strategic investors or Private Equity Funds.
- Mergers and/or Acquisitions
- Buyback agreements with the basic shareholders